I woke up this morning with a grateful heart feeling overful thankful for making it through the year 2020. What a year it was on SO many levels! I’m thankful me and my family are all healthy, safe and provided for. That’s all that truly matters to me when you put everything else in perspective.
As I’ve mentioned in previous years, I’ve never been a big New Year’s Resolution person, but rather a goals oriented person. Whenever I set out out to achieve a specific goal, I try not to put too much pressure on myself if don’t hit it. I’ve learned to give myself grace and revisit your visions, habits, and goals at any point during the year if I choose to. We are ever-evolving and we’re allowed to fail, make mistates, make a mess and start all over again.
This year I am BOLDLY sharing a few of my blogging and social media goals. I enjoy using the New Year as an excuse to start fresh with a new boost of energy and motivation. I’m setting several goalsfor myself this year for work, my personal life and my personal development and I’m really excited to see where the year takes me!
Here are a few of my blogging goals for 2021 as they currently stand (in no particular order):
- Grow my blog traffic to 50,000+ unique visitors a month (Blog Traffic/Followers)
- Upgrade my blog layout (Content Creation/Organization)
- Increase my podcast downloads to 50,000+ Here Wee Read: A Bookish Podcast (Podcast Goals)
- Gain 6 podcast sponsorships/brand partners for my podcast Here Wee Read: A Bookish Podcast (Podcast Goals)
- Be Recognized as Podcast of the Year or win an award for my podcast Here Wee Read: A Bookish Podcast (Podcast Goals)
- Interview Kadir Nelson on my podcast Here Wee Read: A Bookish Podcast (Podcast Goals)
- Grow my e-mail subscriber list to 20,000+ subscribers
- Write blog posts at least 3-4 times per week (Content Creation/Organization)
- Increase my Instagram followers to 500,000+ (Blog Traffic/Followers)
- Incorporate more lifestyle, family and travel content into my blog and social posts (Content Creation/Organization)
- Revive/Refresh my newsletter and publish content more consistently for my subscribers (Content Creation/Organization)
- Be a guest on at least 4 podcasts (one podcast per quarter)
- Provide more FREE and PAID content to my audience (printables, worksheets, etc.)
- Participate in 2 – 3 PAID/sponsored post/brand collaborations per month (Blog Monetization)
- Sign up for and participate in three additional affiliate programs (Blog Monetization)
- Create an organized master content list filled with content ideas for blog and social posts (Content Creation/Organization)
- Focus more on Pinterest to increase and drive more traffic to my blog
- Increase my Pinterest followers to 5,000+ (Blog Traffic/Followers)
- Increase my Facebook followers to 10,000+ (Blog Traffic/Followers)
- Increase my Twitter followers to 8,000+ (Blog Traffic/Followers)
- Track ALL of my income and expenses so I’ll have a clear picture of how much my blog/social income was this year.
I already have all of these goals (and more) written down in my 2021 planner from Cultivate What Matters, but sharing them somehow makes me feel even more committed to them. Note: The goals listed here are just general goals I jotted down, but in my planner each goal is a S.M.A.R.T. goal with timelines/deadlines against each one.
If you have a blog or are thinking of starting one this year, I hope this post inspires you to set some goals for yourself. Write down your goals somewhere where you’ll see them regularly, for example on your blog notebook or on a memo board in your office. Seeing goals regularly and thinking about them often, will help you stay on top of them. Cheers to a fantastic and productive 2021!
Your turn: Do you write all of your goals down at the start of a new year and reflect on them throughout the year? Feel free to share in the comments.
One thought on “New Year, New Goals: My 2021 Blogging/Social Media Goals”
Your hustle is an inspiration! Can’t wait to follow along as you reach your goals for 2021! And looking forward to some more reading challenges this year, my kids and I enjoyed the summer and holiday ones!